Careers at Grasslands
Grasslands is growing! Interested in joining our team of dynamic marketers, PR pros and comms aficionados? We’re actively hiring a Publicist. Follow the link below to learn more and apply.
Current Job Openings
The Grasslands Diversity-in-Marketing Internship
Update: We’ve secured our interns for the summer 2021 session. Please check back in winter 2022 to apply.
The Grasslands Diversity-in-Marketing Internship is part of our Indigenous-owned agency’s commitment to attract, develop and retain diverse, high-potential early-career marcom talent.
This unique opportunity is open to any students who self-identify as members of an historically underrepresented group in marketing, public relations and communications—spanning LGBTQ+ communities and People of Color, including but not limited to Black, Latinx, Indigenous and Asian applicants—who are interested in pursuing a marcom career.
A 12-week paid program based in Denver, Colo., the Grasslands Diversity-in-Marketing Internship will run annually from June to August (specific dates are flexible), allowing students to get hands-on experience in a fast-paced agency environment. Each year, Grasslands will open submissions for two intern positions—ideally one specializing in public relations and one in marketing. In addition to the tasks listed below, each intern will have a specific agreed-upon project she, he or they will work on throughout the internship and will present the project to Grasslands management upon completion of the program.
What Grasslands offers:
- An opportunity to collaborate, create and gain real-world marketing / public relations experience in a fast-paced agency environment
- $15 / hour
- $750/month housing stipend to help offset living expenses
- Honest, transparent feedback in live time
- Opportunities for networking and mentorship
- Self-identify as an historically underrepresented group in marketing, public relations and communications
- Must be currently enrolled in college and pursuing an Associate, Bachelors or Graduate degree in communications, marketing, public affairs, public relations, strategic communications or a related major / minor
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Genuine interest in communications / marketing and find problem solving exhilarating
- Authorized to work in the United States without visa or sponsorship by Grasslands
- Open to relocating to Denver for the duration of the internship (housing stipend included to help offset housing costs)
- Self-motivated, organized and efficient
- Strong writer and effective communicator
- Operating with a growth mindset
- Energized to work in a startup environment
- Well versed on the latest digital and social media trends
- Comfortable working in an office environment following all CDC guidelines
Responsibilities—Public Relations Intern:
- Support and execute media relations and marketing strategies
- Ideate and drive newsworthy story ideas / pitch angles
- Monitor news cycle for proactive pitching in a timely manner
- Research and maintain media coverage reports and lists
- Aid in tracking sample requests and other administrative duties
- Identify speaking opportunities and support on-site event execution
- Perform customer / market research and prepare documents and other marketing materials
- Provide project management support through planning, scheduling and coordinating
- Develop keywords and ad copy development
- Write email blasts, blogs, newsletters and other content marketing deliverables
- Participate in branding workshops
- Improve processes and productivity through solution-oriented thinking and strategies
The application is currently closed. Please check back in late winter 2022 to learn more and apply.
Founded in 2016, Grasslands is an Indigenous-owned marketing agency specializing in strategic public relations, integrated marketing, thought leadership and digital advertising in highly regulated and emerging industries such as cannabis, hemp, AI, biotech, real estate and beyond. The 18-person Grasslands team hustles hard, dreams big and demands more for our clients. We’ve tactfully guided clients through launches and acquisitions, celebrations and crises, IPOs and exits—and our client criteria sets the standard for the brands with which we collaborate. The team is led by veteran journalist and Marketer of the Year Ricardo Baca, Grasslands’ Founder and CEO. Grasslands is proud to have been awarded the prestigious Denver Business Journal 2020 Small Business Award, and Westword magazine named Ricardo one of Six People to Watch in Colorado Cannabis in 2021.